Thursday, December 22, 2011

Roll the dice

I was lying on my bed yesterday and suddenly my brain decided to function by itself again despite knowing how tired my body was. It set me thinking, so be prepared for a wordy post ahead.

Why do people choose to forget the people they still love, instead of forgetting the mistakes of the people that they love?? For one, you don't have to deal with the pain of loss, and you have them with you as you forget the mistakes together. Isn't it a better choice?

Why would people give up on the people they love, and make themselves have to deal with the separation, then try so hard to forget and then meet someone new, and spend all that effort getting to know that new someone (that may also hurt you, high chance somemore), instead of giving the people they already love another chance?

People are wired in such a way that they think they will always be able to find someone better. What if you already found that someone better? Then you move on and hurt that certain someone, then thinking back, you realised that what you had was the best. Then you end up with nothing close to better, and you had already hurt the one you thought wasn't good enough.

You can channel the effort to know someone new, into the effort to forgive that someone you love dearly. Less pain, less trouble no?

Its something like a Math problem:
The probability of me hurting you again, will be less than the probability of A hurting you for the first time because A doesn't know you as well as I do. So if A does something he/she doesn't know will hurt you, you're hurt. But because I know some things may hurt you, the chances of me repeating that mistake is then minimized.

I may have hurt you 100 times. However every chance you give me after the 100 times, is a chance I will learn from my mistakes. Then you may say that if you mean something to me, I will never hurt you. Hurt is part of loving. You will always hurt the people you love in some way or another, no matter how hard you try not to. Everyone will hurt you. This is a fact that will remain unchanged.

You love your parents, this is undeniable. They nag at you, they scold you for the wrong reasons sometimes. Often, when they start to nag, you just ignore it altogether. By doing that, you're already hurting them, no? Everyone is always easily hurt by the people they love because they show their vulnerable side to them.

If you don't take a chance, you will never know what you may miss. Every chance you give out to the people you love is every chance something good may happen. You risk it to get it. No pain, no gain.

I think I think too much sometimes. Then again I think that it makes sense. So I think. I've decided that from now on, I will always give the people I love a chance. As many as they need. As long as they try together with me, I'm staying. The people that give up on me, I'll look at them in a neutral perspective until they think that I'm worthy of them trying again. Even if that means they're never going to, I'll still give them a chance, deserving or not.

Therefore I came up with my own conclusion.
The people who are worth you being hurt for, are the people who stay despite being hurt by you.

*Inserts random picture of me I edited on picnik*

This post just made me realise why you gave me up. I guess we're really just different. That's why. You forced yourself to change because of me. Your real definition of life is all partying, booze and cigarettes. All that jazz. I'm still young, I can afford to smoke and drink as much as I want. Bikes are cool! It can go so fast and its cheaper than a car. It may be dangerous but I like it. My friends have bikes and they're alive. I will be safe! Consequences can be dealt with when it comes. Better still, just ignore it and hope it'll go away. Off limits is fine as long as you have fun.

Whereas for me, its more of the future. Doing everything carefully, thinking of every consequence before I do anything. Partying, yes but to a certain extent. Everything I do, I have limits. Always thinking about how to deal with a certain thing if it happens even before it happens. What if I smoke and drink and my body fails me 10 years later? What's going to happen to my family and yours? What if I ride a bike and I can't control it well enough because it is less sturdy than a car? Doesn't that up the chances of me dying and losing you if you ride as well? Over-analysing every single situation. For our own good but its imposing stress on you as you think differently.

Our thoughts and aims are different. Our beliefs may be the same but we're still very, very different. I guess this is why we're not meant for each other. Simply because what you want is not what I want, and vice versa. Thinking about it, maybe we're both happier this way. I know I am :-) Unless we compromise, we will never be standing on mutual ground.

This whole post is not only about relationship, but friendship as well. To me, both are equally important and everything above applies to both. Sometimes Life gives us lemons. Its up to us to eat the lemons by themselves or make yummy lemonade.
------------------------------------------------
All that aside, yesterday I had fun with Chris, Estina, BR and Andy @ Kbox hehe :-) Tomorrow's another day of fun with Nadoo, then Eryu!!!!

Can't wait for next week. Its gonna be fun :-) Maybe I shall do a song cover later. Hehe. Maybe.

Life is a gamble, except you don't have a definite win or lose. You just win and lose along the way, till the end of the game.

No comments: